Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday, August 13, 2012 "Walking, Walking and Walking"

MAMMAAA!!! FAMILY!
What is goin on?? I'm glad you guys had so much fun on the cruise! Sounds like Connie's fun just was so overwhelming that the old skirt couldn't stay on hahah! That's funny stuff. This week was Different! Holy... it was super strange but way good! So what it the most different thing is walking... walking... walking... and guess what else? If you said walking you are right! haha So why its so different is because in Mississauga we would go to a busy corner right and wait. Here there aren't busy corners... at all... so we walk EVERYWHERE and look for the people! Its been super different, I go to sleep every night completely wrecked from the day.. its crazy! SO I'm going to talk about the places... so we cover 4 cities. Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, and Guelph haha.. I have been to all but Guelph... and they are all so cool! Downtown Kitchener and Uptown Waterloo are basically right next to each other but at the same time they aren't so that's why they are different cities but at the same time everyone says they are basically one. But they are so cool! Pretty old buildings, modernized and just look super sweet and they are way cool! It looks like Salt lake in a way, but SLC Is better ;) but anyways its really a way cool place! There is one bad thing... There is seriously a bar on every corner haha... like no joke... and the people here are hammered basically 24/7... so they hate us "Mormon boys" and they don't want anything to do with us! But its not that bad.. in both uptown Waterloo and downtown Kitchener there are parks.... both of them are sooo cool! If you can look up Victoria park in Kitchener... oh my! IT AWESOME! We spend a lot of time lookin for people there and are constantly looking for some Spanish speakers!
So currently we are living in this basement but we have to move out of there by next week or so? So I haven't really even unpacked and I don't know the address.... it really is probably easier just to send it to the mission home! So you can do that :) I don't mind waiting haha my patience has grown greatly out here haha! So the ward out here is way cool! Its a branch so its small but they are soooo cool! And everything is in Spanish!!!! so I can practice it up haha! The only bad thing is, is that they all work tons so we aren't able to have them come to lessons which is hard because that makes it better and all of our investigators are like older divorced women so we cant go in! But oh well... the Lord will figure something out! So hahaha yesterday was probably the weirdest experience of my whole mission! we were walking right... and this lady gets out of this car and was like "boys wait! I have something for you!" and she goes off and gives us these prayer papers to be "born again and saved" so we were like what the heck and we were talking with her and she was SUPER crazy haha she started mumbling and saying creepy words and she said it was the gift of tongues and said we had demons in us! So we were like this lady is crazy haha and we were walking away and she put her hand on elder Mejia's head and started mumbling stuff and was "ridding him of the demons" hahha it was super creepy but way funny, I cant really explain it good but it was weird! so after that we were talking with her son too and they were just super weird and said how our church was wrong and some how prayer came up and they asked to pray with us... so she grabbed my hand and we were in this circle thing and me and elder Mejia sat there confused and she was like "father, baptize these boys with your spirit, that they may know they are wrong... etc etc" and her son was mumbling under his breath weird stuff haha so it was weird and me and elder Mejia were laughing towards the end and broke it off and said we need to go, and when we did that she said to elder Mejia "you have 39 demons and you have 69" I was so confused haha... it was the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me, soo please pray for me that the demons will leave me! haha but anyways yeah, its been good, I ask elder Mejia like 30 questions an hour of Spanish things and its starting to make so much more sense to me! I am pretty excited about it! i hope it gets better! Well... i love you all so much! Keep up the good work! You're awesome!
forever and always,
Elder Beyer :D

No comments:

Post a Comment