Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, August 13, 2012

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 "I'm out of Sauga"

Mamasita y familia!
 
SOOOOO, I'M GONE! I'm out of Sauga :( haha I'm actually happy at the same time but it still kinda it rough! I loved it there! Its way big, lots of people and soooo much diversity! I loved it! Now... I'm in a place called Kitchener! It is TINY haha it really is so small, especially compared to Mississauga! in our area we are covering about 3 other cities and they are Waterloo and uhh... I don't remember the other but yeah, they are all pretty small! It was a lot easier to throw all my things into a bag because I didn't worry about the weight ha ha so that was a plus! My new companion is Elder Mejia! He seems like a pretty cool guy! His family is from Mexico but they live in Seattle right now, but they are still native speakers and it was his first language! So I'm hoping that my Spanish might improve! He speaks WAY fast and it really is way hard to understand but we'll see I guess! 
 
Umm.. yeah I dunno really too many crazy stories! This last week it rained Hippos and Elephants and I was Drenched ha ha! By the time we ran to our car it was a waste because we were dripping wet! So we just kept on tracting and knockin on the doors haha I think people thought we were insane! Some said stuff like "do you ever stop?" haha it was pretty sweet, it was pretty funny too when we would hand them these soaking wet cards and they were just destroyed but still were preachin and spreadin the good word no matter what!!!! One of  the coolest experiences of my mission so far though was going on exchanges with the Zone Leaders again! I was fortunate enough to go with Elder Somerfeldt! He is from Alberta Canada and has been out for just over a year and he is SO awesome! He talks to everyone and works sooooo hard, but makes it fun still! It made me realize we need to let loose and have fun but still be missionaries!!! We had A LOT of lessons and were able to speak with tons of people but one of the coolest things that I've ever done was this... we were able to teach this Hungarian family ok.. a Mother, Father and 11 year old son. The mother and father can't speak English at all and their little boy would translate. But not only that but we had to use Google translation to be able to communicate with them!! It was pretty crazy! So we would translate and teach through that and the little boy and it was just back and forth. We taught them some English in the mean time too but talked about blessings because the mom is prego! I thought she was going to pop right then and there!! She was having contractions and was in a lot of pain and elder Somerfeldt gave the little boy a blessing, then I gave the dad one and after he gave the mom one.... it was SO intense... SO spiritual too! So he dropped the spirit into them and everything... so listen to this, we left and just went and did our thing and we found out the next day that she went into labor and got to the hospital, had the baby and was back home in only 4 hours...... if that's not God's helping hand I don't know what is! It was a testimony builder to the power of blessings and the priesthood for sure! All and all that exchange was one of my favorite ones! They live in this little house with the assistants to the president so I was able to talk to them more! They are way cool guys, and guess what I found at their house?? One of Chase Norton's tags haha! It was pretty cool! 
 
This week was a good one, I love Elder Steele a lot.. ,but now I kind of miss him. He was a good guy for sure, helped me out a lot! But yeah, this is where the lord needs me so yeah haha I better work hard! I hope all is well, I love getting your guys updates! They make me super happy! I'm glad you guys are stayin the incredible family that you are! :) Keep it up! You're always in my thoughts and prayers! I love you :)
 
Forever and Always!
 
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment