Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Monday, December 11, 2012 "I'm Staying"

Three.... Two..... ONE.....
 
I'M STAYING!!!!!! :) :) :)
I really am SO Happy ha ha! Things are looking way good here, I have never gotten a phone call that hasn't said that I'm the one getting out of there! It was really weird when President Scott called and said I'm still in London... CRAZY... Whats even weirder is watching Elder Vanderstel pack up! ha ha its super weird... I have never had it happen ha ha... Its crazy... He is off to Niagara Falls, and I'm here with a new NATIVE speaker! Hopefully I can finally get a better grasp on this crazy language ha ha. I am thinking that things are going to be awesome here shortly! I cant wait to see what happens!
I haven't opened my presents yet, don't worry :) they are still under our 1 foot Christmas tree! ha ha AWESOMEEEE :)
Oh I forgot to say that the New coat is GNARLY ha ha its SUPER warm! and its super good looking! I love it, it feels so good to wear too! Uhhh! I still cant believe that I'm staying here ha ha. But I'm really really happy.
I'm also excited that we are going to get some SUSHI today! yep... that's right... I think its funny how many weird things I have tried out here because its so darn diverse! Last week we ate at a Chinese, like REAL Chinese place... Oh My Gosh... SO GROSSS.... ha ha there was like liver and tongue... I thought right back to Poppa Steve and him in Korea... I see why he ate only bread.... Granted its different, COMPLETELY... BUT still... I see how he got a little pudgy ;) ha ha.. Oh just sooo yaaa knowww... I have lost weight :) I have been eating better and I weight almost 180 now, I'm glad ha ha I was getting a belly for a little bit! But really I am so happy... Not just because I am staying but because I'm on a mission.... There are plenty of times in my life that I will be able to do things for as long as I want and where I want, with who I want.... BUT that makes it easy... Because its choice... Here on a mission you choose almost nothing.... But its AWESOME... crazy how that works huh? You basically choose to limit yourself, to push yourself to grow... and whats even crazier is, it WORKS.... I'm so grateful for this chance I have to serve.... Its flying by... uhh... so weird ha ha I cant believe I will be talking to you... seems like yesterday we were at the MTC ha ha... But I know that this work is real.. I do.
 
Something really cool I thought that you would all like to know, is our mission president is the best one in the world ha ha. This year, for Christmas and New Years, we will be having a 24 hour read a thon of the Book of Mormon!!! Why?? because, how many people want to be talking to us on those days... SOBER too... Not many... ha ha.... So instead of just wasting time, we will be gaining a stronger testimony of the keystone of our religion!!! How awesome is that??!! in total time we have about 28 hours to read the entire Book of Mormon, cover to cover... AHHH!!! I'm excited :) ha ha I really think this is going to be a bonding memory and a great way to come even closer to the reason we are here!!
 
Family... I'm sorry that this letter is not too great... But I'm pretty happy about it ha ha... I want you all to know that Jesus Christ LIVES.... I have not an ounce of doubt in my mind about that... HE LIVES.... Every opportunity that you each have to serve some one else, take advantage of it... DO IT... Put Christ into Christmas. If you do, you will experience something beyond presents... You will have the gift of Joy in your life. I love you. Work to be the best you can be... NEVER SETTLE FOR JUST OK... 
 
Forever and Always,
 

Elder Beyer :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment