Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday, June 17, 2013 "Happy Father's Day"

HEYYYYYY!!!!
HAPPYYY FATTTHHHERRRRSSSSS DAYYYYYYYY!!! Man I hope that you all passed that holiday well hahah it was funny this guy in church was talking about it and what fathers day really is, and he was like "Fathers day is just a second mothers day. We still do all the fun stuff though like BBQ and chill." haha I thought it was pretty funny! I laughed way hard when I heard that! But its been really good!
 
This last week, was one of the neatest experiences of the mission for sure! We have been working with these 2 investigators, long before I got here as well, and they were living common law. Which is when you are "married" if you have been living for 6 months together... but they had been doing it for like 12 years. and they had 3 kids and what not. So they have been just going through life and the other elders before us, invited them to be married and also to be baptized and we have just helping them out as much as possible. So this week was their scheduled wedding date and everything really just fell into place!!!!!!!! and we were able to see that and help out with it a little bit, my companion was fortunate enough to sing Amazing Grace and it was just such a good reception! So the pictures that I sent were of them and us, and it was just at the church and was performed by the bishop! But still really cool. ha ha I have never had that happen to me on my mission, and it was a really special moment for sure!

WAY crazy thing happened as well haha! So what went down was we were tracting and were trying to find some new people... and we went and found this family with 4 boys! We were like score!! haha but little did they know they were going to bash us... so it goes from bad to worse and at the end we were like YIKEESSS... and then we just kept going on with it. So at the very end we thought that we were going to be done with that stuff... but then they said that we could come over and help them paint... so we were like OK! We went and it honestly was just her and her husband trying to convert us haha... yeah... it was pretty nuts because they were trying to tell us that God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost were ONE... OK... so the doctrine of the trinity... and lets just say my testimony was increased on Joseph Smith and the Restoration of the Gospel because the doctrine that we have is the one in the New Testament and not just some made up one from a council of people in the year 325 ad... haha but it was really neat because after I went and studied it, and I also have studied what it means to "be saved" and honestly our church and doctrine actually coincide with the Bible and its teachings! I love the truth that we have and the honesty that comes from it all. 
 
Well, time is cruisin on by and I don't know what to even think about it right now haha... its just going by SOOO fast and I know that I need to take it all for granted. I love the church. Its so true its not even funny! I loved those pics that you sent :) haha I hope that I can get my shirt back from caden, that I can grow a beard like troy and never ever have to look like Blair ;) hahaha! I love you all. Forever and Always,
 
Elder B Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment