Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday, January 20, 2014 "Next Door Neighbors to Detroit"

AH! I cant believe they said YES ha ha. That's pretty crazy! Yeah that Elder is Carsen's new companion. I cant believe that about Riker! That is SO cool! Tell him I love him and that I'm SO excited for him! He is the man. That's really so great to hear about that!
Ha ha yeah there are tons of videos on there. I have tried to get a lot so that I will be able to remember lots more than just a picture! but yeah so they stayed in the same room as us when we were all there. SO it was 4 missionaries in the bed room and their study room was where the weight room was. It was SO crowded. I have lots of pictures on this card I think. Its super funny!
Detroit!
What is the funniest thing that happened this week?
Well, I went on an exchange this week with the Elder from Farmington Elder Cowley ha ha... and we went out tracting on a "First Nation Reserve" aka Native American Indians ha ha.. Well it was pretty intense. They are super spread out houses and some are like log cabins. Well we went out and were tracting and trying to get in and out there, there is like no rules basically. Its their land and whatever they want to do they basically can.. So all the dogs out there are not on leashes and they roam around wherever. So this one wolf looking one goes up and pees on our car first off, and we go and see some little tiny baby puppies and were like AWW so cute! So E Cowley whips out his camera to take a picture.. well as he did the momma dog FLIPS and starts charging us.. Well in the mean time we are backing up and standing our ground at the same time, and then out of the corner of our eyes this white wolf thing that's tattered up with bloody wounds comes into the picture and was surrounding us. Then the first one that peed on the car was behind us and was DEATH calling some more dogs/wolves to help KILL us.. during this whole time I was like DON'T RUN, STAY CALM, TAKE OFF YOUR BACKPACK AND IF THEY CHARGE CLOCK ITS NOGGIN.. hahaha I thought
we were going to die.. ha ha but we got out safe and what not. We were laughing so hard!

What have you and Elder Bramwell done for fun on P-Days? 
Nothing really.. there is not too much to do in London. We play sports, get food with other missionaries, umm... nothing too intense haha.

How are you liking the Subaru?
Oh LOVE it. Its so fun, its a pretty quick small little car. Its the newest car I've ever driven in my life. when we first got it, it had like 20 miles on it haha pretty cool stuff!

Do you get to teach Spanish since being in London?
I have contacted lots of Spanish people since being here yes, but I have not taught a single soul yet. I'm going on an exchange with our Spanish district leader though and we are going to :) I'm excited!

Did you have any leadership meetings this week?
Nope, not this week! But we will in like 2 more.
 
The hands down best part about this week was going on a 2 hour both ways trip to Windsor! aka... NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS TO DETROIT!!!!!!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!! :) :) I love it so much! I think the initial reaction of Elder Bramwell and I both was just SCREAMING and saying AMERICA!! ha ha I couldn't stop talking about it, I was like "I cant believe we are so close to the holy land" or "Man I love America" hahaha. It was great stuff! I will send some great pictures of that this week no worries.
 
I'm super happy about Carsen. He is a BOSS. I really know that he is one of the best missionaries that I have come in contact with. I think he is the man.
 
I had the opportunity to do 2 baptismal interviews this week, it was incredible. I love doing that. I think overall that is my favorite responsibility I have right now. Its really remarkable being able to sit down with someone who has been through it all, and to see where they came from and where they are at right now! Its my favorite thing ever. I think the best part about it all is hearing them share their testimony with me and say that they know God is their Father, Jesus is His Son and that the Church and Gospel of Jesus Christ have been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. Its a testimony builder of mine to see humble seekers of truth find it.
 
I know this is the Truth. Read your scrips and pray and you'll be happy! I promise! I love you all. I hope that you are happy and are constantly trying to help others find or return to the pathway of God.

Forever and Always,
 
Elder B. Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment