Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, May 28, 2012

May 28, 2012

FAMILIA!
 
Wowwww, this week hauled on by! Ha ha I cant believe I'm in here again writing a letter, and I really don't know what to write, because it went so fast that my mind is jumbled ha ha but yahhh I'll try to make something out of it! So we don't translate in the relief society, but I don't translate at all ha ha I'm the elder who sits there and is super confused and all the sweet old Hispanic ladies feel bad for cause I look like a scared puppy in the window! Ha ha but anyways! Mississauga is soo rad. It really is such a beautiful city! Its HUGE and just the other day we taught these people and we were up in their apartment and it was on like the 14th floor or something like that and we taught them on the porch as the sun was like setting and just saw the city... yeah... SO SICK! There is one thing that is missing from all of this though.... where in the heck are the Mountains???!!! Gee whizzz hahaha its a joke. but its good still its seriously unreal awesome! Riding the buses has been such a cool experience, we see some of the craziest random est people ever here! and I'm always sketched out at times cause you see some of the most cracked out people and think they might shank your throat and what not ha ha but its sweet! We do a lot of street contacting and just are chillin out on the streets and just talk to people, the other day this Russian/crazy weird, I dunno what she was but she was not having it with us ha ha. My comp was like "hey, go try your luck over there"  so being the weird awkward embarrassed greengo I am I went for it and I will try to sum up the convo so hopefully it makes sense.. "Hi mam, what a fine day isn't it? (yeah I'm trying to be proper its more missionary like!!! true fact.)" then all of a sudden Armageddon broke out... "You have no right to have the title Elder or to be able to speak of Jesus Christ! You have absolutely no experience and have nothing, the title elder can only be given to those with experience in the church!" So mind blown the stunning elder replies, after first thinking in his head "wow is it really that noticeable that its my second week here?" "well mam actually I'm a representative of Jesus Christ and I have a picture of him right here that can be yours" She then says "that's blasphemy, you can not have a picture of my Jesus Christ, you do not know what he looks like! Its a mockery to put a description on that who you have not seen!" By that time my companion stepped in and just tried to calm her spirits and what not hahah I was just like feeling so awkward and felt like ahhh what is going on haha but yeah! that's probably the best story I have for this week and also we ate at so many members houses this week! We got hooked up! We have not had to many lessons... we have been getting bailed on quite a bit and been just having no luck... BUT I think that this week is probably going to be better, we have a few lessons for people this week and hopefully they will work out and what not! Here is my update on the Spanish.... hmmm.... its coming along... I know a lot more words I guess, I feel better with it.... BUT hahaha I cant understand anything... whenever anyone asks me something in Spanish I usually look at them with the blankest of stares and then after looking pathetic and start sweating I either look at my companion or they say it in English cause they feel so bad for me ha ha... but its a process! It will come! oh I forgot to mention that most of the people that speak Spanish here are from COLOMBIA!!! So me and Lando could have some nice slang similarities as well!
I'M SOOOOOOO STOKED FOR T MITCH!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! ha ha I want to like cry... its seriously such a freaking blessing!!! Just think of me and t in high school... PSHhh like we were thought of as missionaries! but now!!!! oh my word... I still cant believe it... I'm sooo happy, its been a long time coming! Lots of prayers, temple role prayers, and just a lot of faith and patience! I knew he'd come to the good side ha ha I knew he could find it!! gosh... I cant even explain how happy I am right now, I wish I could see him and just hug the crap out of him... my best friend is going on a mission to Australia!!!!! SWAG.
 
Ha ha well I love you all soo much! Well... you guys are awesome! my time is coming to a close on another week! Thanks for your prayers, I feel them daily, I feel your love and feel faith through these letters! Keep writing them! I hope that the other elder that I had email you informed you of my address and everything! Its that one that grandma made those cards to! You can just send everything there, it is the mission office and I get those about every week or every couple of weeks but its awesome! So send it there!!!! But you guys are awesome! Stay positive, that's what has helped me easily the most! and prayers, prayers are everything!!! Oh get a Book of Mormon study guide! its called the Book of Mormon study guide religion 121 and 122... it will help you through ALL of that!!!! It makes the book of Mormon SOOOO much sicker!!!! Do it!!! 
 
I love you all!!! Forever and Always!!
 
Elder Brock Beyer
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment