Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday, May 22,2012

MADRE Y FAMILIA!!!!
 
Wowwzeerrss!!! K everyone says this about Canada that it is beyond cold right?? True. BUT they also fail to mention it is a freaking OVEN during the summer ages haha! Its been freaking boiling hot since I got here, no complaints but I am fried in the face and the arms and have a nice missionary tan going on (its better than a farmers tan haha) so anyways where to begin! 
 
 Day One, the flights were good. Pretty long, pretty tiring and they made me exhausted towards the end I'm not gonna lie.... and yeah it was just all and all a long and tiring thing!! But it ended up being pretty good so I'm glad the flying is over, I felt pretty sick because of the pilot, he wasn't very good but that's alright haha.  But yeah, so listen to this just barely this creep was reading everything over my shoulder and I asked if I could help him and he was so creepy, but I moved computers because I logged off to go to the bathroom and you cant log onto the same one so yeah haha all is well! So after that long and dreary flight I arrived and it was pretty crazy, it feels kinda like Mexico when you get off just because of how humid it is! It seriously is crazy hot! But my first impressions of the mission president and wife and his 2 assistants were awesome! They are so nice, and they are so loving! So we went back to their house, and it is SOOOOO SICK! And we met with the mission president and then we had a BBQ and it was out of this world good, my mouth is watering just thinking of it! Oh my one of the Mission president assistants is named Elder Gerrman, and he knows the Fowler family! So tell Brenda I met him! But that night all the Elders slept in a Holiday inn down the road.... yeah BEST BEDS EVER and I had a million pillows and totally cuddled with um, they were soft and so grand. But then the next day we went and we got to do the orientation at the stake center and then we met our companions! He seriously is sooo awesome, his name is Elder Steele and he is from Boise Idaho, He is soooo into camping, and stuff like that and played LAX! So we get along pretty well, he has helped me so much with the language! But The language is slowly coming I'm surprised but I love it! So that should be a decent explanation of all that haha, I dunno im a brain dead kid so i always forget about specifics but I will try to get a nice explanation of all of this! So tracting is different for us here, we do focus tracting. We look in the phone book for Spanish last names and go on the hunt hahah but its fun! 
 
Oh wait I forgot to tell about mi casa! So we live in the basement of this man from India named Fuzzel. He is a nice man and our apartment is pretty sweet! Its small yes but its pretty nice! I will send pictures either in this letter if I find out how or next one! The bed is great and we also got a brand new pillow from the mission president! So its awesome! Every day we do personal study (an hour) then comp study (2 hours, because we are doing a new program and making it so we can be trainers in 12 weeks) and then language study (an hour) then after all of that we eat for an hour and then we get out and go! This week has been rough... we had a few lessons and they pretty much all got bailed at the last second.... we have been pretty much focus tracting non stop for a week and yesterday we were out tracting for like 6 or 7 hours... and I'm seriously an oompa loompa I'm soo red hahah! But its fun stuff, its freaking hot though! I thought I sweat a lot back home.... NOPE. Um we do this thing every Saturday and Tuesday where we teach free English classes at the church, it has been way fun actually and I love it haha I like talking to the people and trying to help them even when they don't understand a word I'm saying haha!! its funny but its still sweet! 
 
This week should be a solid one with everything, I'm pretty sure we have dinner with like 4 or 5 people in the ward sooo yeah I'm stoked!! OH the ward!!! the ward is sooo sweet! It was weird having sacrament meeting in a chapel again after having it in the MTC but its so much better, the ward is small but so diverse and so happy! This is the coolest thing, my companion, has to sit in the back of the chapel and TRANSLATE for the people who speak Spanish!!!! They have head phones and everything and just sit in the congregation like normal but then my comp will just translate into the microphone thing and its soo cool! Spanish is still hard for me because I don't really know whats going on ever ha ha I feel like I'm starting to understand a lot more and I'm able to speak better but still we had this one lesson and I sat and just was like Uh Oh ha ha I'm in trouble with this! But its gonna come eventually!! This place is crazy cool, its NOTHING like what I thought! I'm blessed to be in Mississauga because I'm right outside the city of it, and its HUGE and its seriously such a cool city! I cant even explain how gnarly some parts are! If you get on google look up Celebration square in Mississauga or look up square one or the twisted towers in Mississauga! its seriously SOOOO DOPE!!! Its just crazy how diverse it is and how some buildings are new and they are mostly apartments and business buildings but they are seriously just sooo sick. The other day we ran out of food hahaha and had to stop at the grocery store and get something quick... I seriously thought I was in Asia. Straight up everything was translated in Chinese and English (usually everywhere here is translated in french and English) but it was crazy! and there were millions of Chinese people!!!!! that's probably one of the coolest things here, is how diverse it is! I thought it was diverse... but not this diverse haha there are seriously soooo many different people and everywhere!!! Its rare to see a CANADIAN person... I see Indian, Asian, black, Caribbean, Jamaican, sooo many, and its not just like rare its like everywhere!! The people of Canada have some different slang's ha ha gas here is petroleum, bathroom is a washroom, z is pronounced zed (weird huh?) and of course EH!!!!! haha but yeah its awesome you see a different thing everyday. We don't have a car so we bus everywhere but its so fun because you just are always moving around and seeing new faces and just talking to random people wherever you go! so its going to be exciting to see what is in store this week!!! Well... I hope this is interesting enough.. I will send pictures (like a ton) next week through email! And I found out that mail here takes a week to get there and hopefully its good... but yeah I'm not sending any of that (except to Cait :) sorry boys, I have no time I have to write that and get food for the week!!!!) but I will work on some for the future! Well family.... I love ya! More than anything, you are the reason I'm still going! Keep me posted on the lives and on everything else!!!
 
Forever and Always,
 
Elder Brock Stephen Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment