Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, November 5, 2012

Monday, November 5, 2012 "I'm Training"

HEyyy HeYY hEYY!
 How the heck are all of you?! I cant believe Carsen's call at all! Not one bit ha ha... this week has been a really slow one, and I think that is partially the reason why! I have been wanting to know SOOOO bad ha ha! I know that he's going to love it! and I know that he is learning french so that he can teach me it in 2! because I'm going to be learning like 10 ha ha they are so rewarding and you feel so cool when you can some what communicate! I was hoping that he was going Chinese.... DANG IT!!!! ha ha but still his mission is gnarly! In the Alps basically! That's intense stuff eh? So... Crazy stuff right here. I got my package finally!!! AWESOME :) I loved every second of it! I'm sad that I wasn't with Elder Parker to give it to him ha ha and to show him all of that stuff especially because of this!!!! OK so Derek is serving with an Elder Wheelwright?? Wanna know something crazy ha ha? He was Elder Parker's comp in the MTC! I know it, ask Liz if he is a Ginger, if so I'm right! Such a small world when your Mormon haha! But its been really fun this week... and SLOW.
I came into this area replacing an Elder who has been serving here for about 9 months.... Long I know... I came in and now... well I have not one clue whats going on and on top of that I'm training. SO GNARLY. It was hard this last week because I had not the slightest idea of what to do, or where anything was... The first day we dropped off everything and just started walking the city ha ha. I love London. Its so pretty and UH.. If I HAD to live in Canada I would live in London. No joke its so cool! But things are really going to get good I can feel it! The Apartment its sweet! We have a nice view, we have weights, bench press and lots! ha ha yeah I work out again, no big deal. But I think without a doubt the coolest thing is just how much I have come unto the Lord. I really had no idea what to do... I think I spent more time on my knees than standing... And then something occurred.. this other elder was in the Hospital and his comp was on splits with us, so I volunteered to stay with him... Yep... I took like 10 area books and maps and everything and started away at them. I was with him for about 4 or 5 hours? and now I know what we are going to do... we are going through every single person from the past and going until we find someone prepared to hear the Gospel. Its going to be INTENSE ha ha. But I'm really excited. I know its going to work. President has been saying to do it, and I prayed and the Lord said yep.. so now its on!
 
My comp is Elder Vanderstel, he is from San Diego California and he is a really cool guy ha ha I like him a lot. I know for a fact we were set up together for a reason and we are going to grow from it. I know it. He reminds me of Kevin Richardson so much ha ha he acts like him, he is funny. But we really do have our differences... which is fine. The more the merrier, the more we can grow and learn right? I have a feeling like things are going to work out soon. I also feel that this area and this companion are going to make me grow the most on my mission! I'm training for crying out loud ha ha I never thought that I would be doing that! But I'm really excited. My biggest goals are to help him know Spanish better, speak only Spanish soon, to set a 110% obedience with him and to get a baptism. We are going to do it ha ha. I really don't know what to write about because there is not much to say... besides that last week was hard, but I know that my Savior lives. I think that I got into the rhythm of yeah he is there, and didn't put all of my heart to him even when I was comfortable. ALWAYS, put your heart on the line in your prayers. He will answer them. 
 
That package was great ha ha I love Caden haha. I miss him, he is so weird yeah I'm talking about the picture and wearing my clothes... NBD... But the CD'S were good! I almost cried when I heard Homeward Bound... its hands down my favorite song by them... even when I wasn't all for the church I would listen to that song for peace... and it would bring it... and when I heard it I KNEW everything would be OK. The Lord loves us. I can testify of that. I wouldn't still be out here if that were the case ha ha. I want you all to know a lesson I learned this week. When a trial is placed before us, don't say "WHY" . Look at it and say "THANK YOU" . Its a blessing. A trial, is used as a way to grow. How are we ever to grow, when we aren't tested?? Trick question eh? You cant. The trials in our lives are for purpose, they will often result in rewards if we look at them correctly. But most of all they will make us find our Savior. I know without a doubt in my heart that God the Father and His son love us. I don't doubt it. We truly are never alone when we walk in the ways of the Lord. He is ALWAYS, there. I hope you are all staying positive... and its funny because I say to be, and then last week I wasn't at the start... and I was a hypocrite... then I realized that and guess what... I was trying to be positive... and funny thing is it WORKS. DO IT. ha ha Satan tries to make it seem easier to not be, he's a joke. Don't let him win. Stay HAPPY and SMILE ALWAYS :) THINGS WILL WORK OUT.
 
I love you all so much, keep up the letters I love them! They keep me pushing. Have an awesome week!
 
Forever and Always,
 
Elder Beyer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment