Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday, May 6, 2013 "The play opened"


FAMILY!!!!!!!
So to just start off, I am probably going to be skyping :) and it will be Sunday and at like 6ish probably? and I have only an hour as well ha ha last time I didn't realize and just kept talking... really sorry ha ha! But we are going to give you a call this week and let you know! Let the grandparents come for sure and Cait for sure :) I cant wait, I'll call you guys later and give you a set time! It will be like 4 or 5ish for you guys though out there!
This last week was probably one of the funniest weeks of my life and probably the funniest as as missionary!
 
Monday: Just a normal P day... really great, played soccer
Tuesday: Elder Paul V Johnson Mission tour, and then Opening night of the Book of Mormon play
Wednesday: Zone Leader Council WITH Paul V Johnson
Thursday: Normal day
Friday: Book of Mormon Play take 2
Saturday: Alex Boye Fireside
Sunday: Renewing my Covenants :)
 
hahaha So that was basically the week in a nut shell! PRETTY GREAT EHHH??? ha ha the chance to sit and meet with an General Authority was probably one of the coolest chances of my life. we got to learn SOOO much from him and we really did get to do some great things! I have learned so much from random meetings and instructions from people, but that was probably the coolest one!
Alex Boye came to Brampton and we were able to ride down with some investigators and go to it! It was really fun! Not quite the same spirit that I felt with Elder Johnson ha ha... it was kinda crazy, like a baptist church, but still really great! He sang a little bit! Look up his song "I will rise" its with an Orem institute choir, and is really good!
Sorry those details aren't really too great, but its cause I don't have much time and I really wanted to talk about the "Book of Mormon" play haha!
Basically everybody thought that we were actors and thought it was super funny! but we would be like "nope real Mormons" haha it was so intense! What we did was met up at the church, put about 25 BOM's in the backpack, and like 30 pamphlets of the Restoration in there and well and then just subway ed down to the theater and just went wild ha ha! We went with a couple other companionship's and within an hour we handed out 105 Book of Mormons, and 125 or so pamphlets haha! That was opening night! The other night we just took 50 and like 200 pamphlets.... wanna guess what happened? all... GONE. hahaha you seriously feel so crazy doing it! I'll give you a description over skype of what happens haha but you feel like a salesman! We'd say stuff like "FREE BOM'S, the BOOK IS BETTER THAN THE PLAY, and guess what??? ITS FREE!!!!!!" I started saying stuff like "FREE COPY OF THE BOOK OF MORMON FREE WITH TICKETS, FREE PAMPHLET OF WHERE THIS BOOK OF MORMON PLAY ORIGINATES!!!! FREE WITH ADMISSION!!!!" hahaha  its soooo funny! but so fun! I got asked a couple of times to get a picture taken with me... ha ha I got asked for my autograph hahahah... its seriously so crazy! but so fun! You get pretty scared cause there are so many people, but honestly it made my testimony grow that much more! I know that the Book of Mormon is real, and I know that there will be people baptized from them receiving that wonderful blessing in their lives. Its so fun. Its been unifying the Zone for sure, we all are trying to go down at separate times and just go hog wild! I'll explain more later :)
 
I simply want to end with my testimony of that the church is true. I have never been so blessed in my live than now. I know its because of the trials that He gives me, to make me who I need to become. I Love it.
Forever and Always,

Elder B. Beyer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment