Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Monday, July 16, 2012 "Ripped Pants"

MOMM!
FAMILY!
HEY!

So this week was a solid one! Things are gettin solid here in Sauga! So I do this little note card thing every week of things I want to say and so I'm just going to go off for a second on those and then just talk for a second after haha. So we have this guy named Carlos that we are working with.. SOLID... GOLD... He said he needs to get away from his past and everything along those and we are just gettin him rollin! We have taught him the restoration, Gospel of Jesus Christ and The Plan of Salvation. He loved every single one and he went to church last week... only concern is we called him yesterday throughout the day to come to church and didn't answer.. We are hoping nothing is making him just drop us but other than that he is one of the awesomest guys out there! This last week I got to go on travels with this Elder Named elder Yu! He is sooo funny haha, he is this crazy little Asian elder (if you cant tell from his name!) but yeah it was super fun, he has been one of my good friends out here and we really get along well! The travels that we do sometimes are so fun just to see how other people do what they do and see their outlook for all of this work! So that was very fun!

Hahahah soo I have 2 pretty good stories! This week we were out tracting and lookin for some new people to teach and we turned around after this door didn't answer to this crazyyy dude. Straight up one of the most whacked out guys I've ever seen haha. He came up and was like (speaking a million miles an hour when he says this) "Hey are you Jehovah's? or Mormons?" we replied "Mormons, hows it goin?" he explodes back "hey my name is mike, can I have a Mormon bible? I want to go to church! I have read the Mormon bible before, this is my 3rd time, I just need more for my wife and kid!" we respond "oh so have you and your wife been baptized?" He bombards back "No I haven't yet but my wife is in India! I need to go back there and put my name in the ads to get her! and once we come back in 9+ months I will be baptized! Or can I be baptized now? or over the phone in a minute?"........... it was probably the weirdest thing that has happened out here yet haha, and that was like half of the convo.. my fingers are getting bored of narrating so I'm just going to say it was funnnyyy!!

Next story is you know those grey pants the ones that I have had forever? yeah so they ripped.... in the crotch... kinda sucks h aha cause the other ones are like dress pants and I don't wanna wreck them yet! This is the funny part, I hadn't washed them in a while and I kinda was guessing they stunk... so when I was changing them after they ripped I had to take a sniff right? oh my word... instant homesickness... they smelt exactly like football camp pants. I was intoxicated with the nastiness but such a familiarity to it I was almost in tears not only because they reeked beyond measure but because I'm washed up... no more football for me. ha ha pretty gross yes... but still advice for younger people, LIVE IT UP! I miss it so much. The only thing I don't miss is the back pain... because I still have it and its gotten worse... but yeah that really is a problem... ha... but anyways this week was solid! During a lesson I messed up, got corrected by my comp... i was bugged but guess what the guy said... hey man its alright its hard, and you really aren't bad! You sound like an Argentinian! AHHHH Troy!! looks like we are similar after all you passion bucket of mine :) hahah but yeah that's about it.. Oh those whitening stripes I used before my mish? yeah they have this toothpaste of it... totally works! Get it! Its like 3 bucks and so worth it ha ha.

Best advice is this... if ever bummed out, find the positive and keep saying it until you like it. Truly works... truly works! Well I love you guys A LOT! You are seriously awesome! Keep me updated :)

Forever and Always,

Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment