Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday, July 22, 2013 "Barrie Good"




HEY FAMILY!!!
ALRIGHT... the humidity here is DISGUSTING hahah.. like I cant stand it at all hahah! its SOOOO bad!!!! To the point where you NEVER ever EVER feel like you are clean or not sweating ha ha I feel like every moment of the day I'm just drenched in some nastiness... but other than that Barrie is "Barrie GOOD" hahaha ;);) (that's the little Spanish motto I brought out here ha ha everyone uses it now ha ha!!!)
 The Cabin and everything seems like it went really well and seems like it was a good time! I'm so glad to hear and see that! Ha ha you guys all look really good ha ha! I loved seeing all of you and everything else ha ha!
I am doing "follow-ups".  A normal thing for a Zone Leader.
Funny information my companion and I are like twins... fraternal twins that is ha ha... We are different looking but like our past lives are identical hahah! He has 4 boys, I do too... He calls his mom Tar Bear, mine Kar Bear... His mom sings love at home, you sing love at home (that's when the boys fight hahaha) its honestly sooo funny! we just laugh at random stuff like that ALL the time. We just feed off the vibes and energy hard core!
This week was pretty intense haha first off... um there was a tornado haha! It like was going to hit Barrie haha! So we had to just go inside for a minute and what not until the rain stopped but then went back out haha there was like a for sure crazy thing Ha. There were like floods and stuff haha it was so funny tracting for a while in there haha! The people thought we were completely NUTS haha!!
Coolest experience of the week.. So we have been just looking right and left to be finding a family. That is like the missionary DREAM!!! To find a family. So we were looking and one day we found this lady ( like 2 weeks ago ) and her and her family were going to be moving soon. What we didn't know at the time was they were praying to be able to find a way to move.. well as missionaries we were like "HEY CAN WE HELP??" ha ha and shes like "no that's fine.. but stop by later..." well 2 weeks later we stop on by again... this time they have loaded everything in and we met her husband! We asked "HEY CAN WE HELP YOU MOVE??" and he was VERY sarcastic with us and acted like he didn't need our help. He was like "oh yeah in your shirts and ties! lets rip um off and load this S o B!" haha... and we were like... "K man. Tomorrow work?" and he was like "No guys I was kidding.. yadda yadda yaddaa" but we insisted. We were like, NOPE. we are coming back and helping... Well turns out that He also had been praying to find help to be able to move.. and they really really were desperate but didn't want to ask for it. Well the next day, they were SHOCKED that we ended up coming! Well we whipped it all out in hours haha not that long, they thought it would take like... 4 maybe 5 and we unloaded the majority in like 2 haha. I felt like I was back in football conditioning haha! I missed it so much!!!!! you have no idea haha! But it was good. You could definitely see a change in the family, especially with just listening and feeling the Spirit! We had a lesson with them the other day... and we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and how doing the simple things are just how we can come to know the truth. We taught the mother  how to pray by using a pray card and it was just the simple stuff "dear Heavenly Father, thank you for..., we ask thee for..., in the name of Jesus Christ Amen." It was probably 30 seconds long... and after she said it... The Spirit bore POWERFUL witness of the power of Prayer. She just sat there and the Spirit just worked on her... it was incredible. My testimony grew immediately and I knew that the Lord was with us, right there and just was hugging her. I know that prayers can be answered. My companion gave a talk on it the other day... without prayer and scriptures, Joseph Smith wouldn't have come to know the truth, they are the foundation of our testimonies and our witnesses of the Savior.
I know that the Church is true. I know that prayers can be answered... I challenge and invite every single one of you to pray and ask God for guidance and I promise He will give it to you.
Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you! I love you
Forever and Always,
Elder B. Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment