Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday, July 29, 2013

Hellloo HOwww arrREE YoouuuUU???
First off I must agree with what you said about just dancing in the rain.. i felt some trials but I need to gain a testimony that the Lord really does want us to be happy. we should not be fearful of Him but just know that things are going to work out and be for our best benefit! 
Bubbs looks great, send me a picture with him like right now with those glasses! i wanna see them with him normally haha Caden is FILTHY. I LOVE it hahahahah I was laughing sooo hard and was like "Thatss myyy boyyy!!!" soo gross haha. Cars is still the HOT BEYER for sure!!
 
This week has been quite the week haha, its weeks like this that make me think back and reflect on really the blessings that I have seen in my life due to the Savior. We had the opportunity of instructing this week with everything and it was wonderful because we were trying to figure out ways to "bring desire to the missionaries" and I mean... we thought about it and thought about it and thought about it... and then it just came down to it and we just came up with the idea that there is nothing that came bring more excitement than an understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We just really had the missionaries think and think about what the Atonement was and really meant to them, and why it would be important in the missionary endeavors. There is a quote by President Howard W Hunter in Preach My Gospel that says:
 "What does the Atonement have to do with missionary work? Any time we experience the blessings of the Atonement in our lives, we cannot help but have a concern for the welfare of others... A great indicator of ones personal conversion is the desire t share the gospel with others."
We truly tried to think in depth and we challenged the missionaries to ponder about what we believe the Atonement to be... and then to decide for themselves how much it meant to them. it was quite powerful, i challenge you to do the same.. Think about the blessings that you have seen from the Atonement and why it is important to you... and think about how much it means to you... and I promise you will be able to see the most happiness that you have ever seen in your life.
President Scott told me once, "You know Elder Beyer, I talk to many missionaries... and many of them talk about how they have been studying the Atonement and how its great for them. I believe you need to study it to understand it for sure, but when it really comes down to it, the only way to understand the Atonement completely is by living it and living the gospel. Through action we completely come to understand what it is to us, and how it is applicable to others as well."
I truly believe that with all of my heart. The opportunities of growth come from experience, Joseph Smith once said "there is no substitute for experience", i support that 100%. It is one thing to learn to pray and another thing to actually do it and receive an answer, its one thing to have it for yourself and another to hear someone actually say "God, we thank thee for sending us the Mormons here to help us change our ways." It has been a great testimony in itself to truly feel the ENABLING power of the Atonement as well as its REDEEMING. I know its real, and was needed for God is Just and Merciful, in the sense that if we are capable of repenting there always needs to be a punishment to help us even more. I love the Savior for what He has done for each one of us.
Elder Thompson and I are having a blast, its SO fun haha we just shred up concerns and problems right at the face of it. When people bring anti we just rip it to pieces haha its been sooooo funny! I love it, hes been one of the coolest comps ever. We took some sweet pics the other day, just wait for them! :)
Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. I would love to do it.
Forever and Always,
 
Elder B Beyer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment