Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday, August 26, 2013

HELLOOOOO!!!
 
Wowww.. I'm SO glad that everything worked out with Blair! That is SO awesome! Tell them congrats for me and that I wish them the best. That is really great! Caden is great ha ha those pictures are nuts!
 
Everything is going really great. We had some great experiences these last couple of weeks! The coolest thing that I wanted to share is just that a few times over the course of 3 weeks I really have felt the Saviors love and appreciation for what we do as missionaries. I really do know that He loves us and if we work hard, no matter what He is pleased. When I left Barrie, I felt His love and His gratitude. When we helped some people in our zone, I felt it as well. I know that the Lord is SO happy with what we have done and that is hands down the thing that makes being a missionary worth it.

I know that the Priesthood is real. I have experienced the power of it and have seen lives change and really have come to know that we are beyond blessed for having it in our lives. We have been really lucky to be able to grow from experiences to exercise our priesthood.
 
I want to add a part into this letter from President Scott's this last week... It really is a great one and helped me realize a few things about life.
"I heard a story recently that some of you are probably familiar with. It illustrates the value of the time we are given each day. I will reference part of it below. It says, “Imagine that each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use. However, this gift has rules, just as any game has certain rules. Rule 1) Everything that you don’t spend during each day will be taken away from you. You may not simply transfer money into some other account. You may only spend it. Each morning upon awakening, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day. Rule 2) The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, the game is over! It can close the account and you will not receive a new one. Ask yourself what you would do with this wonderful gift. Would you buy anything and everything you wanted? Would you buy things for your friends and family? Would you even buy things for people you don’t know? The options may vary but you would undoubtedly try and spend every cent every day because otherwise it would be gone forever. In reality we do receive a similar gift each morning. We can’t see it like the money in our bank account but it is very valuable and precious. It is our time. Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life, and when we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us. It is forever lost.  So, what will you do with your 86,400 seconds?” "
 LIVE LIFE TO ITS POTENTIAL!!! ITS GREAT :) :) :)
 
The City has been great as usual. I'm really really happy to be back. We have been playing like a game, that you have to speak with 2 people EVERY bus, subway and train that we take... MAN its challenging sometimes but its SO fun ha ha. Its made it a good way of measuring that we are working hard, rather than just going through the motions!
 
Sorry this letter is short, nothing too crazy, but I really don't have much to say other than that I LOVE being a missionary and am so grateful for the chances Ive had to see the Lords hand in my life. I love the Savior and know He is real, and feel true sorrow for the people who don't have Him in their lives, because His love is real. I know it. I have felt it, and hope that ALL people can feel it as well.
 
Have a good week! Be happy and positive! its worth it :)
 
Forever and Always,
 
Elder B Beyer
 

No comments:

Post a Comment