Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday, October 7, 2013 "Conference was AWESOME"

HEY!! That last picture gives me the chills! :) I LOVE DHS! I agree with you quickly, tell them to NEVER stop the tradition of going to the stake center, they will get WAY more out of it there then in the house... That's just how it works. E..... has been kind of flaky... he hasn't really showed too much interest lately! But we will try our best still! My comp is eating something like the poutine haha. its called Shwarma Pizza haha!
 
Conference was AWESOME! We went to the church and were there for all the sessions, I think that the Saturday Sessions are probably my favorite ones haha! They are soooooo good! But I really learned many great principles that I need to apply in my life. I know that the Prophet and the Apostles are inspired men of God and that if we live what they teach us we WILL be blessed. Its simple but powerful!
 
We have had some amazing experiences this last week! I hope that I will have time to write them to you, but I might get kicked off of the computer!
 
One of the coolest things that happened was that we started a new game kind of thing in the zone! What we focus on is really trying to invite as many people as possible to come to church, be baptized and things like that! We have made like a chart to measure it, and have been sending out highlights of it! Its has been SO fun!!!! For example, one companionship invited 31 people to be baptized and like 156 to come to church! It was CRAZY! We are really focusing our contacts on commitments! Its been SO great and we hope to see more people come to church and eventually be baptized! Its wonderful in the Ossington Zone right now :)
 
I had a really cool experience this week on the subway! We were just getting done with an exchange with other missionaries and were heading back home. And we started going there and while on the train I saw a guy that looked like an old version of P Lunt.. It was WEIRD and I thought, "Man, I need to contact this guy.." and then I had all these weird thoughts like "NO. DON'T." and whatever, I thought.. "I don't think the Lord wouldn't want me to talk with His children.. What If I promised THIS GUY in the preexistence that I would talk to him and share the gospel with him.??"" and Then counted down from 5 and went for it. "Hey How are you?" then he said "I'm great! Do you have a book for me?".... I'm not kidding, it was one of the coolest experiences of my mission. We just talked about the Book of Mormon and I gave him an overview of what we believe! It really helped me understand that we all have specific purposes in life and we need to help others to gain the purpose of the gospel. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. I know this work is real, and true. I have No doubt about it. One of my favorite lines from conference was "Sharing the gospel is a BLESSING, NOT A BURDEN". I hope we can always remember that. They focused A LOT on missionary work and especially in the stand point of members... LET GET ON TOP OF IT EH?? Find ways at home to share the gospel with ANYONE around you, and I promise you will be happier in life. JUST DO IT.

I love you all. I know this work is REAL, and its GODS.
 
Forever and Always,
 

Elder B Beyer :D

No comments:

Post a Comment