Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday, September 30, 2013

Hey THERE!
CADENS HAIR IS AWESOME :)  ha ha and SOOOOO LONG!!! I didn't really know that it was that long ha ha! That's so crazy! Give Pook a smack on the back and a hug for me!!! I'm SO proud of that dude! When did Caden obtain the nickname Seabear? ha ha it works, but Ive never heard it haha! Oh and if you haven't sent me a package, send me squeeze cheese and club crackers :)
 
Well this week was pretty awesome! We made this sausage called Chorizo and then we had a small party for our investigators haha! It was super Fun! We had a few come in our area, and its just been super good overall! Working with the members has seemed like the most effective thing I've done on my mission. We will just pass by like every once and a while and help them increase their knowledge on how to help their friends receive the gospel.
 
I think one of my favorite things in my mission has just been Administering and really teaching people how to become better. Its my FAVORITE thing in the world. I don't know if I told you this (I thought you would like this mom haha, I don't know why but still :) haha) but the Normal week here for us is this:
 
MONDAY: P Day 10-6
TUESDAY: District Meeting 10:30am (and we go there WAY earlier and take the bus and subway, and we have to study on the bus and stuff,  its pretty fun! ha ha) and
WEDNESDAY: 2 District Meetings 10:30am (they are at the same church, and my comp and I split up and go to both of them and just rotate weekly on who goes where)
THURSDAY: Weekly Planning
FRIDAY: Just a NORMAL day :)
SATURDAY: ESL at 1030am, Ward Coordination at 1
SUNDAY: CHURCH :) :) :) at 1
 
That is the life for us here in Ossington Zone haha! It's been super fun! I love it and have really enjoyed it. And then we have just random things here and there occasionally like soccer nights, MCC's (working with Stake Presidency), MLCs (Mission Leadership Councils w/ President & Sister Scott, Assistants and other Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders), and whatever else the zone really needs! Its super awesome :)
 
We are working with a bunch of random people right now! We had a pretty cool experience with a former from the sisters! This guy named Edwin, has been taught since I was here the first time... and he really just stopped progressing because he wouldn't get baptized. He moved into our area and we just were like "Lets teach him!" well.. he text us and told us to meet him at the church, and we just started going at it! Now, I'll tell you... there are a lot of times where I have just been teaching and I feel decent with Spanish... but when you can feel the Lord helping you, its like its your mother tongue! ITS CRAZY. You don't know what to think ha ha. But we got to the point where we just went to the font and just talked about it, and told him to picture himself in the font, and what it would mean for him to be completely cleansed of his sins... and promised him that if he prayed right there on the spot to receive an answer that he NEEDED to be baptized, that he would receive one.. and he prayed SO simply.. nothing too intense... and we just sat there... for about 2 minutes in silence... and my companion asked him "how do you feel?" and he said... "I have to be baptized.." It was pretty powerful for us, and we read Mosiah 26:18 with him.. I suggest you read it and the rest of that chapter.. I love being a missionary. We literally have the greatest opportunity in the world to influence people to become INCREDIBLE through the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it changes people, I know God lives. I have never been so happy in my entire life :)
 
Let me know if there is anything that I can do for any of you! Tell Kenz, "Suerte Prima :) espero que te vaya muy tranquila ahi con mucha seguridad y paz! NO TE OLVIDES DE COMPARTIR EL EVANGELIO AHI CON LA GENTE! Y busca a la familia Trujillo ahi tambien, son cheveres, sus hijos viven en mi barrio aca! Paz y Amor! TU PRIMO FAVORITO Elder B Beyer!"
 
I love you all! Don't do anything stupid, and just live the Gospel for crying out loud.. Its a guide line to happiness, I promise you.


Forever and Always,
 
Elder B Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment