Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

FAMILIA!
Hola! como Estan? Estoy Muy Biene!  Last night made this experience so awesome!  It was Tuesday Devotional Night and we went into the MTC Choir so we could sing to whoever was speaking (I'm not singing in Priesthood session but it's alright!)  But we sang "Consider the Lilies" to none other than Dallin H. Oaks!  Him and his wife came and spoke to the whole MTC about missionary work and how to make it better, it was so awesome.  His wife spoke about this experience on her mission when she memorized the sayings in Japanese and they were so excited about it and only one person hadn't and that person was so upset and ran out of the room crying!  Their teacher said that they apparently hadn't learned why they were on a mission.  It's not to memorize lessons or to learn the language, it's to serve and be a representative of Jesus Christ!  She went on to say once she figured that out was when the mission got better!  Then the mighty Dallin H. Oaks got up there and went off, he said how to become an amazing missionary you must be able to teach and have the spirit constantly!  He said to do that you need to be completely worthy with everything.  Not just word of wisdom wise and chastity wise but mentally and being positive!  So I'm taking Dads advice, but I have been doing that even before Elder Oaks came.  I'm gonna have a positive mental attitude on it all.  "Everyday in every way I'm becoming a better and better missionary"!  Well I hope you enjoyed that, because it hit me well.  After we had a district devotional with the 8 in my district and talked all about it and what we liked.  Such a spiritual experience.  This is another thing he said, and I'm challenging you to do it.  When taking the Sacrament this week take it with a broken heart and contrite spirit, even if you didn't do wrong so that the spirit can be given to you as if you were baptized again!  It's gonna be hard to be away from you for 2 years, but it's so worth it, no more "this sucks" for me dad, just P.M.A.  I love you and miss you so much!  Mom thanks for talking me through everything.  I've said so many comforting prayers and I feel good.  Actually great.   I love you.  Well I have like 30 spare minutes so I better go catch up on me sleep!  I miss you all, but this is where I need to be!

I Love You!
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment