Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Monday, April 17, 2012

FAMILIA!!!
How is k town?? Provo is doing fine... Not gonna lie this week flew by pretty fast BUT yesterday and the day before were pretty hard.... I was pretty homesick and was dwelling hard core on the negatives.. No bueno!! Umm I loved the cake ha ha I shared it with tons of people! They loved it as well! On the schedule TALL is the online learning class, when we come into the computer lab and just do this program for Spanish and what not... nothing too exciting! Its actually quite boring!! So this week like I said flew by, nothing way cool, BUT what was awesome was yesterdays devotional! So this is how the whole thing went... They have us sing the opening hymns and just bring the spirit into the room, then the guy under President Brown, President Nally's 3 daughters played the violins and his wife played the piano to the song "Lead, Kindly Light".   It was so incredible and it brought such a spirit! Not only that but then President Brown got up and bore his testimony about missionary work and all this other stuff along those lines and that was incredible as well! Think I'm done??? You better not, because I'm just barely starting! So then after those two parts, the spirit is completely in the room, everyone can feel it and is just the best feeling ever, and the one and only David Archeleta gets up there and has a solo!!! Yeah I know what you are thinking, lameeee. NO!!!! We always made jokes about him everyone does, but I was blown away by how strong the spirit came even after that because of him!!! He sang "Spirit of God" The first verse in English, second in SPANISH and then finished with English again! I seriously can't believe how good his voice was... and at the end he kinda started to tear up and It was... jeez... like seriously good ha ha. I don't know what more to say than that! OK so now the spirit is just bouncing off the walls of the gym by now and guess who gets up now to speak?? hmm... lets see.... M. RUSSELL BALLARD!! This is the 3rd quorum of the 12 that has came to speak to us... it was freaking gnarly too!! He just spoke about Joseph Smith and about how bringing people unto Christ will bless us and will make us not only better people, but better FATHERS, HUSBANDS, PEOPLE!! Yeah its pretty steezyy! But he said the funniest thing ever in it too ha ha he was like "I know sometimes us General Authorities get up and speak at places and you think we are just a bunch of old men, but we're pretty cool! We know what's going on!" hahahahahah its much funnier if you were there! Just for him to say that! Another cool thing he said too is he called him and the General Authorities "fellow" missionaries, because they are doing what we are doing and bearing testimony all over the world! He said we are the number one thing over anything else to the conversion though... us missionaries... It was a really good talk and he brought such a great spirit into the room! umm... yeah then after we watched The Testament again, still a great show!
Then today I just got back from the temple and AGAIN the spirit blew my mind away! Just sitting in the chapel before the session I just closed my eyes and listened to the music for like 15 minutes... AHHHH!!!!! Its so amazing to feel the spirit this much in my life. I can't believe how much its really helping me through this! Sometimes I wanna just give up, but I make it through the next minute, then the next hour and finally the day is over and the lord just blesses you that much more when you are climbing some small mountains! I am so glad to be here... for sure! I miss you guys a ton, but I know that everything will be fine and that the Lord will work wonders for me being here!! The Spanish is coming along I guess ha ha I'm not way good, but I'm starting to get a feel for it I feel like I can understand a lot of what people are saying and I feel like I am answering back with child like comments, but hey it's a start ha ha. I love you guys a lot! I am getting on during laundry so write me back!!!!! Les Amo!!!
ELDER BROCK 

No comments:

Post a Comment