Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday, April 9, 2012

AYYYY MI FAMILIA!!!!

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy!!!! I just got home from the temple about 10 minutes ago and I can I just say I love the temple! I not only learn from it every time but I grow so much spiritually every time! It's like a vacation here ha ha you are always cooped up in a little classroom all day and you are also just inside and its hot and gross, but then you get some fresh air and then go to the temple and it brings you such PEACE!! Like how dad was that one time saying you need to go outside and get fresh air like a little goldfish or whatever... you really do ha ha I got the biggest headache of my life when I didn''t! Lets see... This week was pretty solid. Went by FASTTTT umm... we got a new district in our zone, and 2 of them are our new zone leaders, which is kinda random, because they know no Spanish, but its whatever ha ha it''ll be good for them! So on Tuesday of this last week a man named Lance B. Wickman came in and spoke for the Tuesday night devotional and it was sooo good. He got up and seemed like a way stern man and I was like ""oh brother, hopefully this benefits me some how..."" Guess what.. It DID! He spoke all about how we need to be prepared for things in our missions and in our lives and how great will be the blessings if we are! It was so good, my favorite thing that he said was this though... ""In our lives before this we have things that we are leaving behind right? And we make excuses why we don''t wanna leave like families, girlfriends and etc.. Why do we worry so much about losing all of them? Do you really think that the lord is going to let you down?"" (it was roughly that ha ha) but still. I know that the lord is not going to let me down out here, because this is where I need to be and I know that this is a growing experience. In 1 month it has taught me more about myself and about life than anything before. I know that by helping the lord he is going to bless my life, why would he let me down??? HE WON""T! Days seriously blend together in here, I started writing note cards so that I can remember what to put in the next emails ha ha its hard to believe but its true! So nothing too happened for the rest of those days... Except when we were teaching our investigator (our teacher) I swear the gift of tongues hit me.. At a certain point I just bore my testimony and it actually made sense, it was all the spirit though! Even though its not a ""real"" investigator its still spiritual, everyone whether they are a member or not, can always use some spiritual reminders or heads up to help strengthen their testimonies!

Okkkk so on to Easter! Every year you think of Easter as ""Oh gnarly, a big bunny is gonna come and give me some candy and maybe a new swimming suit for this year!"" or something like that ha ha, but really its about Christ dying for us and his Atonement. I can''t even explain to you in words how yesterday was for me... I can't at all. I felt the spirit so strongly, because all I tried to think about was Christ and what he has done for me and its remarkable that he treats us so equally when we should be making statues and worshiping him... (We shouldn''t because its sac religious but you get my point) I didn't know who was going to be speaking because I didn't watch them set anything up but right when President Brown walked into the room and then the whole auditorium stood up... I was literally devoured by the spirit as I watched them wheel Boyd K. Packer up the ramp and into his chair.. I can't even explain to you what it was like. I was on the front row and to the side because I was passing, but I could see the whites of his eyes.... I can''t even explain how incredible it was. so his son Allan Packer of the 70 spoke first and it was really good, but then when they wheeled President Packer up he just was incredible. The main thing I took from it was that we should not fear anything because FEAR IS THE OPPOSITE OF FAITH!!! I don't know why God loves me so much, but I know that he does... I pray like a thousand times a day for some guidance and to grow spiritually and it seems like everyday he grants me with something whether it be a scripture like Ether 1:43 (the last sentence) or bringing a speaker in and having him answer almost everything in my life! I don't know how I could doubt God when he has just made everything seem so clear to me! I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!  I WANT TO SHARE IT WITH THOSE WHO NEED IT!!! Then last night also for that nights devo, the BYU men's chorus choir came and sang to us! It was actually way cool, they sang some Israely song and then they also sang La Cucaracha and put fake mustaches on ha ha if you guys saw it you probably wouldn't laugh, I had my MTC goggles on (which means you haven't seen the real world and got real humor or real anything ha ha) so that's why I thought it was pretty funny! Oh and best of all President Brown announced NO MORE SUITS!!!!!!!!!!!! except for devos! I'm so stoked. I sweat a lot as it is, and the suits don''t help me any ha ha! I love you guys so much and keep writing me!!! I LOVE IT!! Mom I will accept anything. I have starting gaining the weight I lost back, because I just don't think about it and eat and also cause of your treats! That and I'm a tool so I do push ups and pull ups nightly so it builds up a beastly appetite ha ha! I love you! I''ll send more pictures if you do!!! I loved my Easter package and the notes treats and Picture Bubba :)
LOVE FOREVER AND ALWAYS!

Elder Brock Stephen Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment