Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday, January 7, 2013

HEYY!!!!
haha I cant believe all those guys are home... yikes... I remember like it was yesterday when all of them LEFT ha ha.. Holy cow... If you see CJ tell him Hi for me please. I love that guy!
Things are pretty good out here in London.. No complaints from me... Honestly I love it. I just wish it weren't so cold! Its seriously a joke sometimes how cold it gets. I don't enjoy it.... But Hey... what can you do right? alright... some quick things that I have to say because I don't have much time.... this last week I got new pants :) really good! and a new tie :) also really good! I luv um!! so thanks to whoever I used their money with :) I got a lot of Christmas cards too, really made me happy! I enjoy hearing from people and knowing that they still care ha ha sounds weird but its true! You feel alone sometimes! but that's where the Lord comes in!

One of the letters was from Dixie... It was a picture of Jesus that Chris drew.... This is basically what I wanted to talk about... If you look at Chris... first glance... you instantly feel so bad. That's not being rude in anyway, its the natural reaction of the human brain.. especially because he is SO genuine and SO loving... "how could that have happened to such a person?" Ive been told all my life that before the accident he was a BEAST with sports too, really awesome guy, and everything... "how could that have happened to him?".... That's the biggest question that people get and Its a question that can really damage someone... "why me?" But every time I look at that picture... I think of Chris.... I think of how he has made the best of his life... I know its not easy. AT ALL... but notice that hes ALWAYS smiling... and that hes ALWAYS laughing... and that he makes the BEST of his life, he brings happiness to those around him. Every time I think of Chris, it makes me strive to be like him, he is one of the greatest examples of the true love of Christ, another tender mercy in each of our lives.. he brings the Spirit just when he smiles... He makes the best of EVERYTHING... I love it. I only WISH I could be like that... then after I think of Chris and how incredible he is... I add a T to his name, and then I think of Christ..."why Him"... I think of Him suffering for our sins, I think of Him being mocked, and spit on... I think of Him on the cross of Calvary..."how could someone deserve something like that?".... then I think of Him being resurrected... and how all of us in the next life will be perfected... and How everything here is for our TEST, for eternal life.... The last of all the questions should be "why me?".... We have NOTHING to complain about. As long as we live the Gospel and do what the Lord needs of us, we have nothing to worry about. I'm so grateful for Chris, and Christ... and for all that they do. If you think that you're life is hard... Look at them and see how happy they are... We don't have any excuses. We should all be the best that we can be ALWAYS. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me such joy.. and I know it can do the same to everyone around us. These past couple of weeks were tough, holidays, away from home... I don't know... sometimes they just weren't my favorite... ha ha... then I got this picture... and, I slapped myself in the face and said "Be happy.... Be more like Chris, and like Christ" I know that as you all do that, you will find peace. I love you all. I know that told nothing about this week... but that's all that I had to say... Smile. Be happy. Be the BEST you can be.

Forever and Always,
 
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment