Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, December 30, 2013

Monday, December 30, 2013 "Love you"

HEY HEY HEY!

Christmas Day!
hahahahahahah I laughed SO hard about the Charlie thing hahahahha! You all seem really really good right now and seem like you are enjoying the great wondrous life! So the house looks SUPER different haha. That's so weird! Do we still have the piano?
Well.. I really don't know what more to write or say haha. This week was a really cool week for E Bramwell and I. We are seeing great success and are really having a BLAST. Ive never laughed so hard in my life. This has been really good for me because I have felt lately that I've had to "step up" so much with a lot of things that I've slipped out of who I really am for a while.. but now I feel like the Lords given me this opportunity to be able to keep those "stepping up" moments and still be myself. Its been really great. I love it.
The count down is on!!
Listen to the crazy miracles of this week. This kid named Issac walked into the bishops office and asked if he could be able to get an ecclesiastical endorsement from the Bishop so that he could go to BYU. So the bishop took his number and passed him off to us so he could "know more about BYU and the standards" we taught him and his mom and they are miracles. They told us that they have family in Utah and that they are members. The greatest thing that they said was that they have seen the biggest change in their families life for the better after they joined the church. They said they are looking for a sense of belonging and really want to know the truth. I cant explain how much the Lord is hastening his work by preparing people. Its incredible. Another lady, we tracted into and she told us she wasn't interested and to go to her neighbors. Well we went and set up a time and came back later. While we went back the first lady that sent us there was there and she was the most prepared lady ever. She almost was baptized, and the only reason she didn't was because she didn't receive this GIANT answer.. and the only reason she shewed us off was because she thought that people in our church would judge her because of that... by the end of explaining things to her she asked us for a book of Mormon to be able to read and see if she could get that answer again. SO COOL.
The best part about the week was our "Skills and Interviews".. Its crazy coming from a zone that you have been in for over 9 months to one where you know basically nobody... We came in with the expectation of letting these missionaries know that we love them but that the performance of the zone right now is at a minimum and that there is HUGE room for improvement. The way that we started it off was the day before we asked the missionaries to bring us 10 bucks each.. they didn't know what for and a lot of them (when we found out later) thought we were ripping them off. We showed them that we have to be obedient to the counsels of our leaders and E Bramwell shared this story of a mission President who asked for the right shoe of his missionaries to see who was willing to listen to his counsel. It set the tone strongly and we just went from there. It was one of the funnest instructions I've ever been a part of. The missionaries have been doing incredible things, and its only been like 4 days since then! They are out and really trying the best that they can. Its been great.
I love my mission. I love everything about it. This has seriously been the greatest thing that I have ever done and I'm so grateful for the blessings that I have seen. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ.. and it kills me to see people who have it in their lives but just don't apply it at all... its heart wrenching. Because they could really be able to see the most blessings of their lives if they just tried to come closer to the Savior. I know if we try to go to Him that He will run to us. I love it and I love all of you!
Forever and Always,
Elder B Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment