Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Toronto, Canada (Spanish)

Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday, December 9, 2013 "Christ into Christmas"

HEY HEY HEY!
 
Wow, you all sound and look great! I'm not going to lie, Caden looks filthy. I LOVE the hair!
 
Man, this week was a CRAZY one! CRAZY GOOD because I was a missionary! :) I hope all of you watched that Christmas devotional from the Church this Sunday! It was AWESOME, we had this great family go to it with us, but seriously it was SO good! I really enjoyed hearing the words of the Prophet and Apostles about the great meaning of Christmas. I don't know if I wrote this to you, or in a letter.. But I thought of this Christmas broken down is CHRIST mas.. So Christ- Jesus the Son of God, and Mas- in Spanish means MORE.. CHRIST MORE.. Take this time to think more of Him. One great quote from the Devotional yesterday was "True Happiness comes as you make others happy. When you lose yourself for them, you find Christ." and "The opportunities to give of yourself are limitless." I really hope that you can all grasp onto those concepts and truly strive to LIVE them.
 
 We had some pretty great guests this last week in the mission! Elder Hallstrom and Elder Homer. They talked about some pretty remarkable things that I have really taken to heart. Elder Homer talked about how we need to live our missions with no regrets and that when we get on the plane that we need to be feeling that you left it all there on the table. Elder Hallstrom talked about CHANGE and how its a NOW thing, not later. It was so great to hear those two talks and be able to want to apply them into my life. The 3 points that Elder Hallstrom said about change were that we 1. Gain a vision 2. Make Commitments and 3. Have Self Discipline. If we do those things in life and in a gospel perspective we will be able to become the people that the Lord needs us to be. IT was one of the greatest things ever!  Find something to change and Do it. I invite you! ITS GREAT TO CHANGE AND BECOME BETTER. ITS AWESOME!
 
We have been so fortunate in our area lately, we are teaching some pretty remarkable people who are searching for the gospel of Jesus Christ. It has really helped me know that the gospel is real, and that there are people who are looking for it. We are pretty close to seeing some great things in the area, we have a few working towards baptism and a few who are going out of town for the holidays but will return with the desire and need to be baptized. The coolest thing is teaching families. I LOVE teaching families. They are SO stinking awesome and CAN BE ETERNAL through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
I had a great opportunity to go give 2 baptismal interviews for a husband and a wife out in Mississauga. It was great to be able to talk with them and to go back to The Saga!!!! I miss it so much haha! I think the best thing about being able to go back there was just being able to see the growth that I have had from there to now... I honestly couldn't believe it. We would be driving and I would see places and remember all of the great memories that I had. I remember how GREEN I was haha and how inexperienced I was, and now to see where the Lord has taken me. It has been one of the greatest things to know. That the Lord truly has helped me for the time that I have been out on my mission. I love my mission and am so grateful for the change that its brought in my life. I have come to know that God really is our loving Heavenly Father, and that Jesus Christ is His son. They are perfect and their plan is to help us to become as they are. I know that They live and They LOVE us. The gospel is the means that helps us to transcend all iniquity and evade all the obstacles that Satan places before us. I really know that Joseph Smith is his chosen prophet.. It just makes sense. God has always conveyed His message through prophets, why would He stop now? I know that we are so blessed and have a prophet on the earth today, and am so grateful for that knowledge that I have.

I love you all, and hope you are well. Work hard in all that you do and you WILL see the blessings of the Lord. YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT IN. If you want church to be great and revelatory, then make it that way. If you want the scriptures to be Gods word, then read them as if they were. YOU GET WHAT YOU GO FOR.
 
Forever and Always,
 
 
Elder B. Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment